You are invited to join us for our annual Thanksgiving Feast on Thursday, November 16th, during your student’s lunch period. We will be serving Roasted Turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy, dinner roll, steamed green beans, salad bar and gingerbread cookies for $4.00.
Please fill out the attached RSVP and return to the school by Monday, November 13th.
Please contact Janet Endersbee, Kitchen Manager, at 303-660-4881, if you have questions.
It is that time of year again when we ask for kindergarten siblings! We will be using the District Enrollment tool this year and you will find instructions and the link on our website. I would like to ask you to do two things if you have a kindergarten sibling student that will be eligible to attend school (5 years old by October 1st), please —
1) Call or email me to indicate what class you would like your student to be enrolled in (full day, half day, or half day plus)
2) Use the link on our website and put your kindergarten sibling in through the District enrollment tool which is through Infinite Campus. Your student will have a priority above the other students that are in the lottery, so do not worry about this; but I need you to put your student in this way also.
This enrollment process will be open until December 1, 2017.
Information about Kindergarten Classes offered:
- Full Day – 5 days a week, Tuition cost $400.00 per month
- Half Day – 5 days a week, no Tuition
- Half Day Plus 2 Full days (Tuesday and Thursday) — Tuition cost $175.00 per month
Thanks for helping me get your student enrolled for next year!
Beginning this year, Academy Charter will draw the lottery using the Douglas County School District Open Enrollment tool. To begin the process please click the link “Enrollment Info” in the menu bar above
- November 1, 8 am – December 1, 4 pm: First Round of Open Enrollment for School Year 2018 – 2019
- December 9 – 10: Enrollment offers sent via DCSD email based on space availability
- December 15: Deadline to accept enrollment offer
Come to our Book Fair!
Dates and Times:
- November 13 – 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- November 14 – 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- November 15 – 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- November 16 – 8:00 am – 7:30 pm
- November 17 – 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Click here to check out some of the awesome books we have.
Sign up to help with the bookfair www.SignUpGenius.com/go/904094FAEA62CA31-book
It’s time to order your Academy Charter School 2017-2018 yearbooks! If you order by the end of October you get 10% off of your order! We do not order yearbooks in bulk because they are all customized, so don’t forget to order as we don’t carry extras!
You can customize 2 free personal pages with your own photos that will be printed in ONLY your student’s copy of the yearbook! You can feature your favorite family and classroom events in the photos, making your yearbook a special keep sake for years to come. We also offer digital signing and stamps that you can send to friends and peers. These stamps and special messages will be printed in the autograph section of their yearbooks! We will be hosting workshops for parents or students that need help designing their yearbooks.
To order the yearbook, click this link: Treering Yearbook Signup
Our school pass code: 1014320535802819
Watch this video to learn more about personalizing your yearbook!
For questions on spirit wear or yearbooks, contact Angela McWilliams at firstname.lastname@example.org
We wanted to let you all know about our upcoming 8th Grade IB Information Meetings that will be held at DCHS on two different dates. Both meetings will
start at 5:30, Parents and Students are encouraged to attend.
November 9th -DCHS Auditorium
December 7th -DCHS North Commons
We would appreciate it if you could tell your 8th grade students about these meetings.
If parents or students need more information, they can go to the DCHS website and click on International Baccalaureate or call me directly.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Douglas County High School
Hello! Welcome to another year of Battle of the Books! Mrs Kelly and I (Ms. Zimmerman) will be the coaches of the teams again this year. We are looking for seven members to make up a 3rd and 4th grade team and seven members to make up a 5th and 6th grade team.
For those of you who are new to the program, Battle of the Books is a reading competition that we do through the Phillip S. Miller Library. The students will get a list of ten books which they will read and study. They will attend weekly practices to prepare for the competitions. The weekly practices will be on Monday afternoons from 3:40 p.m. to 4:20 p.m. The competitions will start in February and they are held at the Phillip S. Miller Library. It is a fun and exciting program and it gets everyone to start reading!
If your child is interested in joining Battle of the Books, they will need to do the following things:
1. Be prepared to READ!!!!
2. Your child will read one book to try out for the team. They will need to read the book and prepare to take a comprehension test on the book after Fall Break.
3rd and 4th graders will read Brixton Brothers: The Case of Mistaken Identity by Mac Barnett
5th and 6th graders will read The Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer L. Holm
Each child is responsible for getting the book to read. The books may be available at the public library or you may wish to purchase the book.
3. Prepare to take a test when we get back from Fall Break. The test will be in Ms. Zimmerman’s classroom on Thursday October 26th at 3:45 p.m. (right after carpool). This is the first Thursday after Fall Break. Mrs. Kelly and I will grade the tests and take the top 7 scores for each team. We will post the final teams on Friday October 20th.
That’s all you have to do! If you are interested and you have any questions, please contact either Mrs. Kelly or Ms. Zimmerman and we will be happy to help you!
We hope everyone has a wonderful Fall Break!
Ms. Zimmerman and Mrs. Kelly
October 20, 2017
6:00PM- 8:30 PM
Pre-Sale Wristbands – $12
At the Door Wristbands – $15
4yrs and under – $8
Pre-Sale is Oct. 2 – Oct. 20 at ACS Front Desk
Carvinal Games and Prizes
Face Painting and Balloon Artist
Craft Fair and Used Uniform Sales
Trick or Treat Stree
Food Trucks: 100% Tacos, Dave’s Dogs, Funnel Cakes
Our Fall Fundraiser is approaching! This year our fall fundraiser, Let’s Get Silly, will be a 2 1/2 week direct donation drive! Our goal is to raise $25,000 to pay for new lunchroom tables and help support our Middle School Enrichment Program! The fundraiser will start on Friday, September 29th, and end on Wednesday, October 18th. Various prizes will be awarded to students who participate in this fundraiser, including a chance to silly string your Teachers and the Deans!
Our school photographer will be here on Thursday, October 5th, to do retakes for students. If you were not happy with the picture proof that was sent home, this is your chance to have them taken again.
Also, any parents can have volunteer badges made that day also. They will be set up and ready to go at 8:00 a.m. to take parent volunteer pictures