Governing Board News
March 9, 2018
DRESS CODE POLICY REVIEW COMMITTEE
The Dress Code Policy Review Committee will have its final meeting of this school year on March 13th. If you have a Dress Code item that needs to be reviewed for approval, please complete the form and submit to the ACS Front Office no later than March 6th. Any items reviewed by the Dress Code Policy Review Committee will be brought before the Governing Board at their regular monthly meeting, and a recommendation will be made. The Governing Board will then render their decision and the family will be notified.
ACS 2nd Trimester Student Recognitions
As tradition holds here at ACS, the Governing Board would like to recognize ACS Students who have exemplified either outstanding academics, school leadership or achieved outstanding records in sports during the 2nd Trimester. Please join us in honoring these students at our regular Governing Board meeting on March 14, 2018 at 7pm in the ACS Cafeteria. We would love the students being recognized to attend the meeting as well.
ACS 2nd Trimester Honorees:
- Dean’s List
- Honor Roll
- Perfect Attendance
- Battle of the Books Team
- Distinguished Student Awards
Please mark your calendars to join us at our regular monthly meetings, which are generally held on the SECOND WEDNESDAY of the month at 7pm in the ACS Cafeteria, unless otherwise noted. More Governing Board information can be found on the GB Bulletin Board right outside the Cafeteria. Please mark your calendars and plan to attend at least 1 Governing Board meeting this school year!
Governing Board Meeting Dates:
March 14, 2018 April 11, 2018 May 9, 2018
To contact the Governing Board, please send an email to email@example.com, or visit the Governing Board page on the ACS website. Minutes of each Governing Board meeting are posted for your viewing on the Governing Board page of the ACS website following the meeting in which they were approved.
It has come to our attention that ACS Carpool Rules are not always being followed. Please remember that carpool is a courtesy provided by ACS Staff Members. ACS is not required to provide a drop off and pick up service. ACS has rules in place for the safety and well-being of our students, families and staff. Please see below for a list of carpool reminders. Not adhering to any of the ACS Carpool rules could result in the loss of carpool privileges. For a full list of carpool rules, please visit the Parent and Student Handbook.
- Please do NOT cut across the parking lot, through the parking spaces. Please slow down and stay within the driving lanes only. This is for the safety of everyone walking to and from their vehicles.
- Please remember that the first (side) entrance into the Parking Lot, as well as the main thoroughfare through the Parking Lot, is a 2-way street. Please do not drive down the middle of the lanes. Please make room for oncoming traffic and share the road.
- Please do NOT drop your students off before 7:45am during morning carpool, unless you plan to sign them in to Academy Kids. Again, this is for the safety of all students. Morning carpool runs from 7:45-8:10am.
- If you are not utilizing the carpool lane and services, you MUST park your car in a designated parking spot, and either walk your students in or walk in to retrieve your students. Please do NOT drop off your student anywhere within the parking lot and allow them to walk in unattended. This creates a safety issue.
- Please do NOT pull into the Handicap spots, Paid VIP parking spots, or any other no-parking area, without proper authorization, to drop off or pick up your students. Please find a regular parking spot and walk in. ACS Staff has routinely witnessed several families using the Handicap or Paid VIP parking spots, without proper authorization, in order to bypass the carpool line.
- Please do NOT use any of the well-marked Paid VIP Parking Spots without authorization. These spots were purchased by ACS Families and are theirs to use any time during the school year. This includes before, during and after school, as well as, during all ACS sponsored events. If you would like to purchase one of these parking spots, please plan to bid on one during the ACS Auction this Spring.
- Please do NOT drive through or around the orange safety cones. These are in place to designate no entry or no parking areas.
- Outside of carpool times, if you are dropping off a student or an item to the front office, please do NOT park in the fire lane in front of the school. Please park your car in a designated parking spot and walk in. Any cars found in violation of this could be ticketed or towed by the Town of Castle Rock, at the owner’s expense.
- Our new PM Carpool pick up procedure will be based on your youngest student’s grade level. Older siblings will be released at their youngest sibling’s release time. For example, if you have a 1st grader, 4th grader and an 8th grader, you will pick up at 3:30pm. Students carpool numbers will only be posted for release from the classroom at the designated times below. To prevent congestion, please do not arrive on property prior to your designated time.
PM Carpool pick up times:
- Kindergarten-2nd grades, please arrive on property no earlier than 3:30pm.
- 3rd-5th grades, please arrive on property no earlier than 3:40pm.
- 6th-8th grades, please arrive on property no earlier than 3:45pm.
At ACS, we understand that everyone may be in a hurry and may have other commitments to attend. We also understand students will sometimes be late. But for the safety of everyone, please slow down and follow all carpool rules all of the time. If we work together, we can make the carpool process run safely and efficiently.
Thank you for your continued support! For clarifications or questions, please contact the Governing Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.