Enrollment Process for 2018-2019
Beginning this year, Academy Charter will draw the lottery using the Douglas County School District open enrollment tool. To begin the process please click this link “Start Here”
****PLEASE CONTACT ANNE BELFRAGE IF YOU WISH TO ENROLL email@example.com
Important Enrollment Dates:
- November 1, 8 am – December 1, 4 pm: First Round of Open Enrollment for School Year 2018 – 2019
- December 9 – 10: Enrollment offers sent via DCSD email based on space availability
- December 15: Deadline to accept enrollment offer
- January 22 – August 1, 2018: Second round of open enrollment
How ACS Lottery Works
- DCSD parents will use their parent portal login information to access their student information through open enrollment tool.
- First-time to DCSD parents will create an account to log in. IF you have set up an account before, but have forgotten your password, please contact DCSD IT department (303-387-0001) for instructions to reset your password. Creating another account will duplicate your information in our system.
- First round open enrollment is not first-come, first-served; Enrollment priority is given during this round ; you have until December 1st @ 4 pm to complete this process.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you after your request has been submitted.
- You can change your choices at any time until December 1st @ 4pm.
- You will receive an email from DCSD and/or ACS after December 8th. You can also log back into the Open Enrollment Tool (EngagED Parent Portal) on or after December 9th to check your status.
- You have until December 15th to accept our open enrollment offer through the Open Enrollment Tool (EngagED Parent Portal). You MUST accept through the Open Enrollment tool.
- If your application is not accepted by ACS, or you didn’t login and accept your offer, you will automatically be placed on the second round open enrollment list.
- Second round open enrollment is “first-come, first-served.” Students will be placed on the waitlist behind those that are currently on the wait list from first round.
- During second round open enrollment schools will reach out to you as space becomes available.
- Children of full-time staff who are currently employed by ACS.
- Siblings of currently enrolled ACS students.
- Children of ACS Alumni.
- Students who have completed one year in the ACS Homeschool Support Program.
- All other students (in-district and out of district) who have completed Open Enrollment through DCSD.
Information about Kindergarten Classes offered:
- Full Day – 5 days a week, Tuition cost $400.00 per month
- Half Day – 5 days a week, no Tuition
- Half Day Plus 2 Full days (Tuesday and Thursday) — Tuition cost $175.00 per month
School Entrance Requirements
All pupils entering kindergarten in the Douglas County public schools must have reached their fifth (5th) birthday in the year of entrance on or before October 1. Students entering first grade must have reached their sixth (6th) birthday by October 1. Birth certificates (immunization records and proof of residency) must be presented at the time of enrollment.
Students shall be considered for admission into Academy Charter School without regard to race, creed, color, gender, national origin, religion, ancestry, disability or need for special education.